Beverly Triton Nature Park
1202 Triton Beach Rd.
Edgewater, MD 21037
This is definitely one of my favorite spots we found last spring! We went for the first time in May 2020 and have been back too many times to count since then.
Beverly Triton Nature Park is a free beach park on the Chesapeake Bay in Edgewater, MD. Swimming is not allowed but my girls love to dig in the sand and wade in the water. There are roughly 5 miles of flat nature trails through the park (not paved) that are perfect for toddlers to walk. The trails can get muddy so definitely wear rain boots if it has recently rained! The trails can take you along the beach, through woods and around Deep Pond, depending which trail you take.
You can also opt to just walk straight out to the water from the parking lot if you are just going for the beach! We like to walk the trails, play on the beach and then eat lunch at one of their picnic tables. We always bring a change of clothes and baby powder to clean off all the sand.
I especially love this park because there is one large beach area followed by several smaller sections of beach that are divided by small jetties. If you are willing to walk a bit, you can almost always get a section of beach to yourself!
Due to COVID reduced capacity limits, Beverly Triton fills up FAST on the weekends during beach season. Get there early on the weekends during the summer (like, 8 or 9 am!) to ensure you get a spot. We have never had a problem with capacity limits during the week.
- Bathrooms: Porta-potties by the main entrance
- Solo w/ Kids?: Not for me! Personally I don’t like doing the beach with 3 little ones by myself 🙂
- Stroller Friendly?: Not really! Best to bring baby in a carrier
- Covid-Safe: Yes, plenty of open space. Masks are required outdoors in Anne Arundel County when social distancing cannot be maintained. Make sure you have one with you in case you encounter others on narrow sections of the trail.
- Parking: Small fenced lot and another large gravel/grass lot across the street. Parking lot fills fast on weekends.
- Timing: 2+ Hours